Good Affiliate Marketing Behavior
Good Affiliate Marketing Behavior
As an Etchedwine.com Affiliate, you will be expected to meet certain behavior guidelines.
Generally, we expect our affiliates to engage in ethical online marketing behavior that does not violate any state or federal laws or infringe on any trademarks or intellectual property rights. Specific guidelines for Couponing, PPC and Social Media promotions are the terms: etchedwine.com
Can I use images from Etchedwine.com on my website?
All of the content on the Etchedwine.com website is protected by copyright. You may use images and content from our websites in the promotion of our products on your own website, however all images must be attributed and/or used in conjunction the sale of the product through the affiliate programs. The images cannot be used in the general design of your website.
If you have a special circumstance that requires the use of any photos, product images or content in a manner that is not consistent with the policy stated above, please contact us at email@example.com for written approval prior to the content’s use.
I’d like to make my own banners or other marketing materials. Is that allowed?
If you choose to create your own marketing materials that use the Etchedwine.com trademarked terms or logos, you must have written approval of your marketing material before it is printed, distributed, or posted. Material for approval must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow up to 5 business days for material approval.
Can I use copyrighted material to promote Etchedwine.com?
It is entirely your responsibility to follow all applicable intellectual property and other laws that pertain to your site. You must have express permission to use any person’s copyrighted material, whether it is writing, an image, or other copyrightable work. We will not be responsible (and you will be solely responsible) if you use another person’s copyrighted material or other intellectual property in violation of the law or any third party rights.
What are your guidelines for promoting coupons?
If you are enrolled in our Program and your Website promotes coupon codes, you must adhere to our Coupon Guidelines as follows:
- You may ONLYadvertise coupon codes that are provided to you through the ShareASale Affiliate Program or that are displayed on our website(s). Don’t advertise coupons that you obtain from non-affiliate advertising, paid search, email campaigns, or any other campaign.
- Please do not post information about how to work around the requirements of a coupon/promotion (i.e., first time customers only).
- Display coupons must be displayed in their entirety with the full offer, valid expiration date and code.
- Do not give the appearance that any ongoing offer requires clicking from your website in order to redeem. For example, if all items on the site have free shipping over $100, you may not turn this into an offer that makes the customer think that they must click through from your site to get this deal.
- On click through, you must link directly to our website. Framing of our website is strictly prohibited.
Additionally, if your website ranks on the first page of Google for terms related to our website or company name(s) combined with the words coupon, coupons, coupon code, promo code, etc. and/or your conversion rate exceeds 25%, you may be offered a lower commission than our standard rate to offset the reduced profitability of orders.
I would like to run a Pay-Per-Click Campaign. What are your guidelines for PPC advertising?
If you are enrolled in our Program and participate in PPC advertising, you must adhere to our PPC guidelines as follows:
- You may not bid on any of our trademarked terms (which are identified above), including any variations or misspellings thereof for search or content-based campaigns on Google, MSN, Yahoo or any other network.
- You may not use our trademarked terms in sequence with any other keyword (i.e. Etchedwine Coupons).
- You may not use our trademarked terms in your ad title, ad copy, display name or as the display url.
- You may not link directly to our website from any Pay Per Click ad or use redirects that yield the same result. Affiliates must be directed to an actual page on your website.
- You may not bid in any manner appearing higher than Etchedwine.com for any search term in position 1-5 in any auction style pay-per-click advertising program.
If you automate your PPC campaigns, it is your responsibility to exclude our trademarked terms from your program. We strongly suggest you add our trademarked terms as negative keywords. We have a strict no tolerance policy on PPC trademark bidding.
Can I promote Etchedwine.com on Social Media?
Promotion on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms is permitted following these general guidelines:
- We encourage you to promote Etchedwine.com to your own lists: more specifically, you’re welcome to use your affiliate links on your own Facebook, Twitter, etc. pages. For example, you may post “Get Free Shipping at Etchedwine.com through Jan. 15 with coupon code SHIPETCHEDWINE.”
- You may not post your affiliate links on Etchedwine.com’s Facebook, Twitter, etc. company pages in an attempt to turn those links into affiliate sales.